Rule the internet market and you will rule your business industry as well.
Over 53% of your visitors will judge credibility of your organization based on the design of your website.
The process of web design
What do we cover under website / web design. Main groups of steps.
Websites and facts
A little bit about internet trends and what do the statistics say
- There are 4.1 billion Internet users in the world as at December 2018. This is compared to 3.9 billion Internet users in mid 2018 and about 3.7 billion Internet users in late 2017.
- The Internet influenced retail sales to the tune of $2.84 trillion in 2018 and is expected to influence retail sales to the tune of $3.45 trillion in 2019.
- With a $205 billion Internet ad spend compared to a TV ad spend of $192 billion, global Internet advertising spend exceeded TV advertising spend for the very first time in 2017.
- An estimated 1.92 billion people are expected to purchase something online in 2019.
- Over 4 million blog posts are published on the Internet every day.
- Over 500 million tweets are sent every day.
- Over 5 billion Google searches are made every day.
- There are 342 million registered domain names as at the third quarter of 2018.
- The most expensive domain name ever sold is LasVegas.com, which was bought in 2005 for a whopping $90 million. While some argue that the most expensive domain name is Cars.com which was valued at $872 million, that claim is a bit deceptive as the sale didn’t just involve the cars.com domain name but an existing business. The LasVegas.com sale involves just the domain name.
- With a 59.7 percent market share and about 22.6 million active sites, WordPress is the world’s number one CMS. It hosts sites like The New York Times, Forbes and even the Facebook Blog.
- As at December 2018, there are approximately 1.94 billion websites in the world.
- The e-commerce industry will be responsible for about $3.45 trillion in sales in 2019.
- People spend an average of 5 hours per week shopping online.
- 95 percent of Americans shop online at least yearly.
- By 2019, 63.4 percent of all mobile phone users will access the Internet from their mobile phone.
- There are 3.7 billion global mobile Internet users as at January 2018.
- Mobile e-commerce will be responsible for $2.32 trillion — or about 67.2 percent — of e-commerce sales by 2021.
- Mobile traffic is responsible for 52.2 percent of Internet traffic in 2018 — compared to 50.3 percent from 2017.
- While the total percentage of mobile traffic is more than desktop, engagement is higher on desktop. 55.9 percent of time spent on sites is by desktop users and 40.1 percent of time spent on sites is by mobile users.
- Mobile ad spend is expected to represent 72 percent of all digital ad spend in the U.S. by 2019.
- 82 percent of people use their smartphones to research purchases they are about to make in a store.